Thursday, July 9, 2009

I'm not sure when I will be able to get back online next. My team's plane leaves for Zambia tomorrow afternoon and we should be in Lusaka late Saturday night, Zambia time. The time zone there is 6 hours ahead of Eastern time.

Monday begins Camp Hope. The kids at Camp Hope have been identified as in need of sponsors and support by various means -- through churches, missionaries, and volunteers who make home visits. The four days of camp will feature a simple and clear communication of the Gospel, worship, crafts, and activities. My prayer is that each child will sense how important and precious they are in the eyes of God.

This afternoon, my sister and I practiced making all the crafts for Camp Hope, which she was responsible for assembling over the past few months. She did a great job coming up with simple, lightweight craft items that coordinate with the Bible lessons for each day of camp. I am really looking forward to spending time with the kids in Zambia now!

Hopefully I will be able to share more updates in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment