Friday, July 3, 2009

I am still running around getting last-minute chores done. I think I am getting better at this than when I was younger! It complicates matters to be missing two of our kids' birthdays in July, so I am getting birthday gifts and a wedding gift for a friend all together to be doled out in my absence.

Last night we had our final conference call for the short term missionary team going to Lusaka a week from today with Every Orphan's Hope. Just a reminder that you can follow Jessie's blog too at www.showerstravels.blogspot.com. She is doing a great job of reporting on her experiences. You can also learn more about the organization I am going with at www.everyorphan.org.

A big part of our conference call last night was learning some of the praise and worship songs we will be singing with the people of Zambia. It was really beautiful to hear and learn to sing God's praises in the language of njanja; at least we think it is njanja! One of the songs, that lifts up the body of Christ and reminds people they are children of God, is very much like a song our Kenyan Presbyterian friends sang to Tim and I 13 years ago when they stayed at our house in WV. I remember then feeling the powerful movement of the Holy Spirit and really enjoying their dance movements as they sang. I wish we could put a little of that energy and movement into our Presbyterian worship services on this side of the ocean!

Several of the interns there already, including Jessie, have shared stories of befriending children who were not able to register for camp. The interns there are paving the way for us to present Camp Hope to the kids of Chongwe. They are doing an excellent job of living and demonstrating God's Love in action. I hope and pray (and please pray with me) for ongoing relationships with the people of Chongwe and Lusaka.

No comments:

Post a Comment