Wednesday, June 10, 2009

more shots

I got most of the rest of my shots today: three in one arm, one in the other. I have to go back the day before I leave, for a hep A booster, and then start taking doxycycline to prevent malaria two days before I go to Zambia, the whole time I am there, and then four weeks afterwards. The travel clinic nurse is a sweet lady from Warsaw who belongs to the Church of God up there. She took her time and explained each shot and told me to take a look online at the CDC website to see what kind of precautions I need to take while traveling. She was very helpful. The shots cost me $205 so far, and there will be an additional fee when I pick up my prescription for the anti-malarial meds at the pharmacy.

Thanks again to everyone who has donated towards my journey. It is expensive, but God has provided the means to go and I am excited to be sent to Zambia this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment