Sunday, June 7, 2009

I received my visa by fed ex this weekend. A visa to travel to Zambia is a bit more involved than other visas I have received. I had to mail my passport to the Zambian embassy in Washington, DC together with two more passport-size photos of myself, an application and a $50 passport fee. The first time I mailed it all in, I forgot to sign the back of the two photos (!!) so they mailed it right back to me post haste! This time I got it all correct and now I am all set, visa-wise, for my upcoming trip.

I am really enjoying my niece's blog. I love the photo of all the girls modeling their new Zambian clothes. The fabric colors and patterns are so beautiful! The team that is already there is visiting homes, meeting children, and finding out first-hand how children are matched up with needed services like sponsors, schooling, food, clothing and shelter. I am looking forward to joining the ministry in July to see the Lord at work among the people of Zambia.

No comments:

Post a Comment